Between May and September, Burnett Wood Surfboards will be running Saturday building classes, where you can build your own hollow wood surfboard for the knock down rate of R6,500. This is a once-off deal and you’ll likely never get the opportunity at this price again. In other parts of the world you’ll pay double or even triple this price. Easy payment terms are also available.
A variety of boards are available at the R6,500 price: a 5′.8″ classic twin-keel fish, a 5′.8″ egg, a 6′.0″ classic twin keel fish, a 6′.4″ egg and a 6′.4″ classic single fin shape. For R7,000 you can build a 7′.6″ mini-malibu. Check out the gallery below to see some of the boards built on our courses.
Your board will take 5-6 Saturdays to build. You can choose to do this on consecutive Saturday’s or fill in the days at any time that suits you between May and September. For more details on our courses, visit our courses page.
What you get:
– Your own beautiful, surfable wood surfboard, handmade by yourself
– Access to all tools and provision of materials needed to make your surfboard
– Information on wood surfboards, history, design dynamics, environmental credentials
– Tuition and assistance
– Glassing and finishing of the board
– Fin boxes or handmade wood fins
– Tea/Coffee throughout the day
– Lunch on the days that you build
– Experience of working with wood and craft in a stunning rural environment
– The chance to meet other like-minded folk also building their own boards.
Contact Patrick through firstname.lastname@example.org or 073 232 3043 to sign up or for more information.