For a day of craft, join us and work with beautiful timber in making something functional that you can play with in the ocean.
We’ll take you through some basics about getting the best out of the piece of timber you work with, brief you on the tools you’ll be using, provide information on the different features of hand planes and give you a step by step briefing on how to shape your hand plane.
Cost: R750 per person. Places are limited to four people. Book through firstname.lastname@example.org
What you get:
– A wood hand plane blank
– A choice of three standard hand plane template shapes
– Access to all tools and materials needed to shape your hand plane
– A briefing on hand planes and how they work
– All materials needed to seal the wood after the course
– Tuition and assistance
– Braai meal
– Chance to meet some really cool people
– Your own beautiful, functional wave craft
– Experience of working with wood and craft